Spode - Blue Italian Collection - Sugar Bowl with Lid - 9 oz. Capacity - Dishwasher Safe, Warm Oven Only, Microwave Safe, and Freezer SafeRegular price $35.09 Save $-35.09
Color: Blue, White
- HANDMADE TRADITION: Spode's Blue Italian is one of the most important designs in British ceramic history and celebrates its 200th anniversary in 2016. Twenty two pairs of hands make Blue Italian at Portmeirion Group's factory in Stoke-on-Trent.
- COUNTRYSIDE INSPIRATION: Blue Italian, the beautiful blue and white collection for which Spode is famous for, was launched in 1816 and has been in production ever since. The stunning Blue Italian collection features a finely detailed 18th century Imari Oriental border encompassing a scene inspired by the Italian countryside.
- TIMELESS DESIGNS: Spode's extraordinary Blue Italian design is known for bringing effortless charm and timeless style to homes across the globe since 1816. Over 200 years later, at the center of those special family moments, elegant dinner parties and as essential accent pieces in the home, Blue Italian is adored as an iconic British design.
- HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION: Each piece features a beautiful countryside scene and is renowned for its strength and durability, Spode's Blue Italian has something special for everyone, from gifts that will last a lifetime to the roasting dish that serves your family.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) Spode Blue Italian Covered Sugar Bowl. Made of Fine Earthenware. 9 ounce capacity. Dishwasher Safe, Warm Oven Only, Microwave Safe, Freezer Safe. Features Spode's iconic Blue Italian design. Made in Stoke on Trent, England.
Part Number: 1532931
Details: Amazon.com Continuously produced in England since 1816, the Blue Italian pattern from Spode will easily find a home on a casual or more formal table. Utilizing an underglaze printing process created by Josiah Spode and still employed today, varying shades of blue and white make up the lovely design, adding a 3-dimensional depth to each piece. Measuring 3-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches, this Blue Italian 9-ounce sugar bowl stands 3-3/4 inches high and is the perfect complement to the matching teapot, teacup, and milk jug. Based upon a late 17th Century drawing, the central design depicts classic Italian ruins in a pastoral setting and decorates the rounded sugar bowl. An 18th Century Chinese-inspired floral motif adorns the lip of the rectangular vessel as well as the lid and small finial. Crafted from Spode's high-quality earthenware, known as Imperialware, the sugar bowl can safely be placed in the microwave or dishwasher. --Lea Werbel Product Description Spode Blue Italian was made possible by Josiah Spode's perfection of blue under-glaze printing in 1784.This collection is a tapestry of blue scene's and figure's. Today we have an extensive collection of microwave and dishwasher safe dinnerware, giftware and accessories. This pattern also includes several oven to table items. The 9 ounce Covered Sugar can be used for flavored sugars, grated cheese and other condiments as well.
Package Dimensions: 6.2 x 3.7 x 3.7 inches